All enrolled students in University
of Technology Sydney are automatically allocated a Personal Identification
Number (PIN). This number is Confidential and strictly for personal
use only. The PIN is required for access to controlled areas within
the University. The PIN will also allow access on weekends, after
hours, holidays and lockdown periods where applicable. The PIN is
to ensure the personal safety of students and staff and the security
of University assets.
Student PIN allocation
- All students are allocated a PIN at enrollment allowing access
to areas related to enrolled subjects.
- Access to facilities is automatically updated every 24 hours.
- The subjects, not course, a student is enrolled into determines
the extent of access to facilities..
- Unless compromised the PIN allocated remains the same as long
as a student is registered with U.T.S.
- Access to facilities may be suspended for maintenance or refurbishment
- Access is restricted during mid and end of year breaks
- Access is disabled if the PIN is compromised (used by person
other than that allocated).
- Students found propping doors with security pad access open,
will have their PIN suspended.
- Any one found using a PIN not belonging them, will be escorted
from university premises By UTS Security.
- UTS Security has the authority to ask for the production of
personal identification to confirm the identity of a PIN user
and /or visitor to University premises.
- Abuse of the Access Control System (PIN) may result in disciplinary
action under The University By Laws
you agree to the above conditions.